Saturday, November 10, 2007

Ayo! I am getting used to technology...

I have to remember how to use things like in home internet and the DVR. I am currently watching Grey's Anatomy and I keep forgeting to fast forward through the commercials. I just watch them like it is live tv.

I was thinking today why I have changed my mind a little bit about the course I want my life to take. Obviously, I am a married man now and those vows do change the way you think. That being said, the family high in Charlotte really had me wanting to move back quickly. I even explored moving to Ellicott City, MD in December to grand open a store there. My great co-workers and quality of work life as well as Amanda and I's pure exhaustion of moving really killed that move. I had this idea in my head about what living in a city was going to be like.

I am pretty sure I thought my life would be like "Friends" episodes. I make friends with people in my building and at the local coffee shop and we get into all kinds of silly hijinks. I didn't realize how hard it is to make friends in a city of 8 million people. I have some friends up here and I have my gorgeous wife to hang out with, but life isn't quite what I had pictured.

Isn't that the way it always is though. I would have never dreamed to still be working at Carmax or to be married at 26. That being said, I am very very happy that both things have occured because I look forward to going to work, I look even more forward to coming home!

No comments: