Monday, December 15, 2008

Delinquent Poster

I guess I just ran into some blogger apathy. I have been working on some stuff. I have a rough draft of a letter to my 18 year old self that I plan to post on my 28th birthday. It just seems like with the house built, the election over, the economy in the tank, I just have nothing to talk about. Snippits follow.

We had some family, friends, and neighbors over for Amanda's birthday party this Saturday.  It was pretty fun but we did learn some lessons about hosting people in our house.  The first thing is that we have a sever seating shortage.  There are only four places to sit in our living room.  Six is max capacity if you include the rocker and ottoman as separate seating surfaces.  The kitchen is huge, but we need a table that seats six instead of the pub table we currently have that seats a meager two.  Lastly, the dining room seats six, which is great, but it is separate from the living spaces in the house so it tears the group apart.  The solution is to add a love seat in the living room, we want a big gathering height butterfly leaf table for the kitchen, and have some more folding chairs available for hosting.  

We are not going to host any holiday festivities unless asked to do so, so I guess we won't have to worry about that until the spring time house warming party.  Then we can use the garage and driveway for the guys to hang out... maybe we will have grass then so we can play some games.  

Speaking of yard games, I am searching for a "cornhole" set.  This game is the best for those who do not know.  I want a substantial set though, heavy and sturdy, either unpainted or with Steelers or Charlotte 49ers logos painted on.  I am a craigslist junkie and I know I will find some soon.

Okay, well sorry it was boring but it does break a long drought without posting.  I will post before Christmas, but I hope everyone has a very safe and happy holiday season.  I look forward to seeing my long time long gone friends.  

No comments: