(B*, I hope these are more specific and varied and are completely devoid of softball references, except for this run on sentence you have just finished reading right..... now)
1. I enjoyed our church a lot this holy week. I am very sad that our Senior Pastor is leaving to be a superintendent in Greensboro, but good for him. We didn't make the Sunday Sunrise service, we did catch the second chance one though, 9:00am Sharpe.
2. We spent Easter with my friends Sara, Tim, Barbara, Rick, Richard, Vicki, Anna, Shay, and Kathy at Sara & Tim's house. It was very much like an episode of "Friends" where the people are all away from their families for a big holiday, only I wasn't. I miss my family on holidays like this. I don't think the whole family (by that I mean the Malady's) have been together in many years, if I had a house like my Uncle John's, I would host a Clark Griswold family Christmas, just to see what that would be like. Holiday's are very hard for divorced kids. On Christmas this past year, we went to 4 celebrations in 36 hours, I think I need to work harder at maybe hosting one and making everyone come to us!!!
3. Amanda's graduation party is coming up soon, I think May 13th, around 5ish. I am most looking forward to decorating her hat. This will be the fourth in the JB designer series of graduation caps. Sara and I partnered up on the color extravaganza that was Anna's hat in December of 2003. In December of 2004, Anna and I returned the favor and made the lighted spectacle (unfortunate by product is weight) that would be Sara's cap. Then in May of 2005 I completed the simple, yet colorful, also it was the hat that stuck to a theme, for Liz. For Amanda's I have a new partner, her best friend Marlies and I will be making quite the hat. I have many ideas, I want it to stand out but not be goofy, tacky, and worst of all, heavy.
4. Due to some recent events at work, I have really been contemplating my career and my goals. I love the company, I like the job, but I need to make sure I am able to address my personal needs while fulfilling my career goals. I sometimes think I would enjoy a more consistent schedule, being that my family and friends are VERY often neglected for my job, I think a nice 8-5er M-F would be more suitable. I also am trying to think of other industries that might interest me. My other issue is just that of fulfillment. I make the pockets of already rich men deeper. I do not help people learn like teacher, I don't heal the sick like nurses, I am not making the community better other than we don't rip off customers like 80% of the other dealerships out there. I do think that graduate school or maybe even seminary could be in the distant future for me. I would make a good pastor I think.
5. I do know that one of my five year goals is to complete disciple bible study at my church. I have a strong lack of religious understanding. I feel spiritual, but I would like to have more academic knowledge of the scripture. I quit bible school when I was 9, I never really went back to many Catholic Masses after that, I would go with Emily in High School and then in college I found protestant services and environments more appealing, later choosing the United Methodist Church to be my home. But I feel like I need to learn about my choice and broaden my faith.