Monday, March 06, 2006

525,600 Minutes

How do you measure a year? I feel like the last few months of my life have been measured in two week increments. Every pay day is a breath of air, then the bank account goes empty and I put my head below the water line and swim as hard as I can towards that finish. I can't seem to find the other end of the pool. I watched Rent on DVD the other day I and wondered if I would make it as a bohemian. I would love to not have to work everyday, I would love to converse in coffee shops and hone my talents (never going to happen because I actually have no profitable talents). I wonder what it would be like to live in a loft in NoDa or Chantilly, in Cicero or Oak Park outside Chicago, Greenwich village, oh how different life would be. I know one thing, I wouldn't be this chubby because I would starve. I live well, I have a cute little house in a decent part of an up and coming town. American dream I am, bohemian I am not. Still, I think it would be fun to live 525,600 minutes in Rent, see what that would do to my perspective. Either way, I measure my friends in love.

No comments: