Monday, February 25, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

I took a snowy Monday to reflect on what a wonderful weekend my wife and I had. When I moved us to Chicago, this was the kind of weekend I thought we would have every weekend. We started off with a lazy morning, just hanging out. We caught the train and headed off into town. After grabbing a quick sandwich at Jimmy John's, we headed to the Shedd Aquarium. I got to see the sharks, the dolphins, whales, their large komodo dragon. I had yet to go the aquarium. We rode the bus back and went out for some dinner. Sunday we woke up and decided that we wanted to see the western suburbs and motored (drove for those sans Mini) down to Naperville. Mainly we wanted to see the store there and the homeplace of Wayne's World, Aurora, excellent! We stopped off at the Aurora Chicago Premium Outlet mall and spent some coin. After a burger and beer, we headed home to watch Mr. Holland's Opus. Superb!!!

No comments: