Monday, February 11, 2008

Auto Show 2008

Just a short recap of the 2008 Chicago Auto Show...

Highs...
100th show in 107 years.
Jeep's off road prowess exhibit.
Hugeness of the show!

Lows...
Overcrowded weekend day.
European cars were too tight.
European males do not understand manners

Jon's Top 5 cars & why...

5. Subaru Tribecca- why, Amanda loved it. It offers better value in the mid-size crossover suv class than the Mazda CX9 or VW Toureg. For the options that she wanted (leather, sunroof, heated seats) it comes in a few grand cheaper. With the new front end, replacing the ugly betty 06&07.

4. Volvo V50 - This is the small Volvo wagon. I love wagons.. they are what guys who love hatch backs drive when they have kids. It helps the Amanda likes it, when I get my demo she will be driving whatever car we like on a daily basis. I like the style & safety of Volvo, I really like how fuel efficient it is.

3. Ford Flex - I don't know why I like this thing, I would never own one, but I think because it is a Ford, it just seems like a miracle that it is cool. To sum it up, if you bought a Honda Element, and you get pregnant, find out your having triplets, this is the car you can buy.

2. Hyundai Genesis - Coupe and Sedan are both gorgeous! The sedan was a dark navy blue with a dark brown leather seating package. Stunning. The coupe is supposed to be high on power and low on price. Watch out Honda... Hyundai makes your quality of cars with 4 times the passion.

1. Mini Cooper Clubman S - You take the perfect car (Cooper S) and add 9 inches, a 3rd door, and some barn doors and you get the coolest car ever built. I am going to buy one when someone wrecks one and sells it to us!

clubman mini cooper s

No comments: