Friday, January 18, 2008

Goals

During my visit home last week my mom asked me a wonderful question... "What are your goals?" I thought long and hard because I have them at work. At work, I have daily, weekly, monthly, and career long goals. All of them are written down and well organized. In my personal life, I have never bothered to make goals. I just tend to let happen what will happen. The best answer I could give her was "I just want nothing to change right now." It is an admirable goal in my opinion. Last year I moved, lived alone, then readjusted to Amanda, then got married. I spent 6 weeks out of town over the year which just made it really hard to settle in. The only problem with that goal is that I strongly believe in the following phrase:

If you want to make God laugh, just tell her your plans.

No comments: