Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Why Lists Are Evil

Well, I was driving in the ole 4Runner and listening to Sirius # 9 "The Pulse, the best of the90's and now." I decided it would be a good time to make a list of some of my favorite 90's songs so when I look back on this blog in many years, I will remember the soundtrack of my life. It started as a top 10, I have no idea how many I finished with until I start typing here. I did most of these from memory but some of the artist names I had to look up. I hope reading this list will bring back some good memories to your head. I tried not to repeat attists, but I did on a few with more than one great single. This is not a best of, I am sure there are some great songs left off this list, this is just Jon's favorites, so don't get all mad...... GAH!

In No Particular Order
99 songs from alumni of the class of '99
Uninvited- Alanis Morrissette
Push- Matchbox 20
One Week- Barenaked Ladies
Jump Jive N'Wail- Brian Stezer Orchestra
My Name Is- Eminem
Turn My Head- Live
Save Tonight- Eagle Eye Cherry
Only Wanna Be With You- Hootie & The Blowfish
Runaway Train- Soul Asylum
Jeremy- Pearl Jam
Buddy Holly- Weezer
How's It Gonna Be- 3rd Eye Blind
I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)- The Proclaimers
Flood- Jars Of Clay
Crash- Dave Matthrews Band
Ice Ice Baby- Vanilla Ice
Cantaloop (Flip Fantasia)- US3
Sadness (Part One)- Enigma
Are You That Somebody- Aaliyah
The Dance- Garth Brooks
Summertime- DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
Dreams- The Cranberries
Lovefool- The Cardigans
Roll To Me- Del Amitri
Breakfast At Tiffany's- Deep Blue Somthing
Iris-Goo Goo Dolls
Walk On The Ocean- Toad The Wet Sproket
All For You- Sister Hazel
What I Got-Sublime
Here Comes The Hotstepper- Ini Komoze
I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)- Meatloaf
End Of The Road- Boys II Men
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm- Crash Test Dummies
No Diggity- Blackstreet
3am- Matchbox 20
Nuthin' But A G'Thang- Dr. Dre
Just Another Day- Jon Secada
Gin & Juice- Snopp Doggy Dogg
All I Want- Toad The Wet Sproket
I Got A Man- Positive K
I Wish- Skee Low
Sell Out- Reel Big Fish
Zoot Suit Riot- Cherry Poppin' Daddies
Closing Time- Semisonic
Counting Blue Cars- Dishwalla
Baby Got Back- Sir Mix A Lot
Everybody Hurts- REM
Torn- Natalie Imbruglia
Shimmer- Fuel
Brick- Ben Folds Five
Lullaby- Shawn Mullins
Everything Falls Apart- Dog's Eye View
Not An Addict- K's Choice
Bawittaba- Kid Rock
Shelter- Brand New Heavies
Yo Mama- Pharcyde
Can't Help Falling In Love With You- UB40
Laid- James
Nookie- Limp Bizkit
Jumper- 3rd Eye Blind
Right Now- Van Halen
Slam- Onyx
Informer- Snow
Knockin' Tha Boot- Candyman
Going Through The Big D- Mark Chesnutt
Set Adrift On Memory Bliss- PM Dawn
Fields Of Gold- Sting
Under The Bridge- Red Hot Chilli Peppers
School Boy Heart- Jimmy Buffett
Basket Case- Green Day
Loser- Beck
Sweater Song- Weezer
Livin' On The Edge- Aerosmith
Killing Me Softly- Fugees
Freshman- The Verve Pipe
What I Am- Edie Brickell
It's Gonna Be Me- Nsync
Good- Better Than Ezra
Hell- Squirrell Nut Zippers
Numb- U2
Walking On The Sun- Smashmouth
The Impression That I Get- Mighty Mighty Bostones
Flagpole Sitta- Harvey Danger
I Want You To Want Me- Letters To Cleo
One Of Us- Joan Osborne
November Rain- Guns N Roses
Enter Sandman- Metallica
Connected- Stereo MC's
Weak- SWV
U Can't Touch This- MC Hammer
Take A Bow- Madonna
Foolish Games- Jewel
Nobody Knows It But Me- Tony Rich Project
Intergallactic- Beastie Boys
Down- 311
Ants Marching- Dave Matthews Band
Popular- Nada Surf
Everybody Want To Rule The World- Tears For Fears
Pepper- Butthole Surfers
#'s 100+
(The songs I forgot but then thought of later, also deserving of this list, please check back or
feel free to make your own personal additions in the comment field provided!!!)
Suzanne Vega- Tom's Diner (Do Do Do Do)
Oasis- Wonderwall
I cannot believe I forgot Oasis
4 Non-Blondes- What's Going On?
Soul Coughing- Circles
Marcy Playground- Sex & Candy
Gin Blossoms- Follow You Down
Kiss Me- Sixpence None The Richer
Run-Around- Blues Traveler
Linger- The Cranberries
Semi-Charmed Life- 3rd Eye Blind
Tubthumping- Chumbawumba
Mmm Bop- Hanson

2 comments:

Allison said...

Wow. You are a NERD.
You forgot "Tubthumping" by chumbawamba and "Semi-Charmed life" by Third Eye Blind.

OOH! and "Mmmmbop" by Hanson.

Jon said...

Noted, please check back as any suggested that DON'T SUCK will be added. Thanks!!!