Monday, January 02, 2012

Welcome 2012

I don't have resolutions as much as a renewed zeal and appreciation for the life I lead.

2011 was a year of great ups and downs for me. I reached my highest highs and sank to my lowest lows. I welcomed my daughter into this world with arms wide open. I have never loved before until I met Virginia. My Panda gave me a beautiful daughter and saw me through the darkest times. I dedicate 2012 to my wife and with her in mind chase my next chapter in life with some little goals.

1. Be an outstanding husband. That includes being a faithful, understanding, patient, and loving man. I will remind her how beautiful she is, everyday, because everyday I find something that is more gorgeous than the day before.

2. Be an outstanding father. I really enjoy being Tinky's daddy. It is by far the best job I have ever had. The pay sucks, the hours suck, the benefits are enormous.

3. Find some fulfillment through work. My last few years at CarMax, my year and a half at CarBuyCo were filled with some successes and some horrible times. I brought many on myself but also they were lessons in trusting the wrong people with your feeling, ambitions, and goals. I know the kind of people I don't want to work with anymore, those that act like 13 year old girls when things aren't going their way, those who are intellectually challenged, and those that are so rude they don't even care when they've betrayed the trust of someone else.

4. I am going to run a 10k, the Cooper Bridge Run in Charleston, SC.

5. I am going to be a bit healthier, a bit lighter, and a bit smarter this time next year. Tinky deserves a smart Dad who will be here a while.

1 comment:

Dhara said...

I think that 2012 will be a great year for both of us. We had a lot of good things happen last year, but also a lot of lessons to learn. We can both take the good things from 2011 and really enjoy them this year.