Friday, May 01, 2009

Political Landscape Is Shifting

I love that right now beneath our feet the landscape is changing.  The main reason I wanted Obama in office is coming to fruition.  I wanted him to appoint liberal justices to the Supreme Court.  If you don't know my politics, I am stunned.  I believe marriage is misery all people, including same-sex couples have the right to enjoy.  I also believe in a woman's right to choose.

This is a fantastic opportunity to appoint a female justice who shares the same values that I do.  Beyond that, with my boy Arlen Spector's transition away from the dark side of the force to use his Jedi abilities for good, coupled with Al Franken's likely certification as the next Senator from the great state of Minnesota we have the chance to push through a pragmatic and progressive agenda with a filibuster-proof majority. 

What a fun time to be an American.  Any guesses on the next Justice?  Any guesses on policy coming down the pipe?  Any comments on Spector's re-election chances as a democrat?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEH...GO HEALTH CARE FOR REAL, KIND THAT ALL MEN,WOMEN,CHLLINS,CATS...,DOGS..CAN HAVE AND NEVER WORRY ABOUT GETTING MEDICAL CARE BEFORE IT IS TO LATE!!!!GO MY BIG OLD TEDDY KENNEDY....GO...!!!!
JUST MUM